Saturday, February 6, 2010

ThERe’S ALwAYz A FiRSt timE…





YEAR 2009...


October 2 – It was raining when I left Iligan City. As I sat in the terminal waiting for MV San Paolo of Negros Navigation Corp., I feel so uncomfortable watching the other passengers murmuring and complaining impatiently because the vessel arrived 6 hours delayed because of typhoon Ondoy.


The trip was quite boring because I don’t speak and understand Maranao but the mixed feeling of fear and excitement governed. I choose not to think of the negative side. It’s just like I’m listening to a song I’ve never heard and I don’t care…

I didn’t even listen to Popsy’s suggestion to cancel and reschedule my trip. He was more nervous than me. I was warned because typhoon Pepeng is coming but I pursued my plans. I was so obedient since birth until that time..*sorry popsy*

I have a few missions to accomplish in Cebu: my transaction with the DPWH and Kajima Corporation at 1pm on October 5 regarding my Term Paper (Segment 3B-2, SUBWAY Section), to visit, attend mass, and light a candle at the Sto. Nino Shrine, and of course! to take a break from the humdrums of my life in school.


October 3 - My first night in Cebu was memorable. I was welcomed by the CE reviewees with a barbecue, kilawin and empecascent, hahaha! (in fairness, di ako unang natulog ha..) The dinner was so delightful, enough for me to forget the discomforts I encountered in the loooooong 21-hour snail-like trip. We slept at 3 am…ZZZzzzz…*hay, maulit pa kaya yun? How I wish…*

October 4 – I had a beauty rest and a chitchat with the CE reviewees. We attended an afternoon mass at the Sto. Nino Shrine and had a dinner at Wow Chicken *mapapaWow ka talaga dun !*


October 5 – I got lost on my way to the DPWH…pakshet! I thought the office is at Pier 3 but they had transferred na pala…thanks to Engr. Evelyn Mansueto for guiding me. Finally, I was able to find Crown Asia Bldg. which was located at the back of Cokaliong Towers..

Ang swerte nga naman o, that day was the birthday of Engr. Nilo Pamaylaon, the DPWH Director…well, food trip syempre! mmm…

I was then accompanied by Engr. Raul Lucero to Kajima Corporation for a brief orientation regarding the construction project and there I met the young and energetic Engr. Paolo Cruz..


The Cebu Subway is one of kind. I was brought to the site by Sir Raul and Sir Paolo with a comfy ride in a Toyota Innova. It was so hot that afternoon but I enjoyed walking under the sun while observing the ongoing construction. I climbed the steep stairs and walked my way through the horizontal beams…I just loved it! That day was so fulfilling. (as if I could go home na anytime!)


October 6 – I went to the the Ayala Center and SM City. I watched the movie “In My Life”. Pastilan! I was shocked how Luis died…but truly, the movie was great. We had dinner at Jo’s Manokan in Lahug and then afterwards, we strolled at the IT Park..(sayang lang kasi di namin dala yung digicam)


October 7 – I went back to SM City, bought a book at the National Bookstore and a pillowcase for my hotdog pillow…


October 8 – its parting time…my scheduled departure is 12:30 am the next day and to maximize my stay, we strolled at SM and then, we watched movie “G-Force” *Gina Force* till 11.30 pm..

@ midnight, we were already at the pier but then, MV San Paolo hasn’t arrived yet.. so, we went to a 24-hours Jollibee fast food and stayed there till 2:30 am…wew! Salamat sa nagtiyagang ihatid at samahan ako till the last minute *HATS OFF..*

October 9 – MV San Paolo finally arrived at 4:30 am... (sailing…I’m sailing home…With Christ in my vessel, I can sail at the storm…)

We arrived in Iligan City at 6pm.. there was a bad news! May namatay daw na pasahero and we all need to be quarantined…my goodness! (dumating pa talaga ang P ko…)

After an hour, it was discovered that the passenger died from heart attack..at yun, pinababa kami ng barko…(si Lord talaga mapagbiro…)


My sojourn in Cebu is through and my mission is accomplished. To God be the glory!


When I was about to sleep that night, I was wondering if may naiwan ako sa Cebu.

Meron nga ba? Hhhhmmm, meron nga…pero sa akin na lang yun, hahaha.. *the rest is history*


There’s always a first time! I am not used to do everything that I want. My decisions are usually anchored on so many things. In my desire to be at peace with anyone, I always give in even if I need to do sacrifices. But now, I’ve changed…and I felt better! This is my life and I will live it in a way I want. My trip to Cebu has a few secret agenda. I know I made the right decision and I promise to myself, there will be a second time…






No comments:

Post a Comment