Tuesday, February 15, 2011

DEaR TeACHeRs..

I go inside the classroom anticipating that I'll learn something from you and our subject. I believe what my parents told me that education is important and is the only treasure they could leave when they are gone and that no one can steal it away from me.

 I love it when you call my name for it proves that I am not a stranger in your class. I'd be thankful if you understand my frailties, ideas, habits, and ways of thinking. My mind is often full of distractions. I appreciate your efforts in writing clearly on the board the important points on the lessons. In case you don't know, I do notice if you are not feeling well or if you are sleepy and yet, you do your best to be enthusiastic. I know it too, when you are sad and I wonder how could I be of help to you. At times, I feel sleepy too and it’s not because of boredom. It must be the vitamins I’m taking or the sleepless nights I spent on things I believe to be necessary.

Please be kind and friendly. Even if how difficult your subject is, I’ll do my best to learn. Often, I am afraid to ask questions specially if you’re not in the mood. So, please smile often. It reduces the pressure, at least. You were once a student before you became our teacher. If there is one person who understands us well, it’s you. I can't afford to miss your class. So if I come in late, reprimand me in private. Do not scold me in front of my classmates. I would go nuts if my crush is in there, watching. If I get low scores, please don’t get angry. It doesn’t mean that you’re lousy. You can blame the genetics if you want but please bear with me. You don’t need to assure me of a passing grade. I just need an encouragement and a reason to do my best again.


I love to be acknowledged. It’s a million-worth of accomplishment for me once my efforts are appreciated. In an instant, you and your subject will be one of my favorites. With the degree that you have, I trust you and I never doubt your capacity. Everything you say, for me, is truth. I respect you and your words and I’d appreciate it more if you fulfill your promise, stick to our classroom rules and always come to class on time. I feel proud if you recognize me amidst the crowd. I feel disgusted when you pretend not to hear me greet you along the corridors. It’s humiliating on my part. Sometimes, I need your full attention. I don’t know why but I love the feeling of being noticed. Let me say thank you for sometimes giving in but don’t allow me to abuse you. Just help me build my confidence.

Years from now, I may forget the all the formulas I’ve memorized and derived from my pockets and the different topics in our subject.. but for sure, I will bring with me the memories of how you treated us and the way you taught inside the classroom.








(//_^)

No comments:

Post a Comment