Wednesday, September 15, 2010

S. I. N. FooL. N. E. S. S.

who doesn't want to be a winner? on top of everyone? oh c'mon, let us not be hypocrites. if we really belong to the human race, then we surely do! 

it was more than once mentioned that everyone is born good. if someone we know becomes bad or even we ourselves become bad, there are reasons why. each of us has a tendency towards sinfulness because of envy. animals as we are, we tend to be 'animalistic' in nature. say in school or in the workplace, we feel bad if our friends fail or stumble but the more we feel bad if they are way ahead of us. right?

we are all selfish. we are all arrogant. we are all boastful. we are all liars. we are all pretenders. we are all traitors. in short, WE ARE ALL BAD. but! but! but! at different levels or depths. we can never control our emotions because it pours both in our conscious and unconscious state. for me, it's not a sin but once it is put into words and actions, it's a different story.  

now, let me confess...
i am selfish. i always want the best. i feel so bad if my share is smaller than others. i'd rather want it fair or equal with the rest, atleast. or much much better if i had more of everything..

i am arrogant. i want to excel. i want others to see me shine. i want everyone to admire me. i want to show them what i know. i want them to listen to every word i say because what i say is always right..

i am boastful. i always have something to say just to level up myself.  i don't feel comfortable with people who assert themselves all the time. galit ako sa kapwa ko mayabang. others are nothing compared to me. i want to be a symbol of excellence..

i am a liar. i want everything to be easier. i want all issues to be ironed. i want to end all stories my way. i take all the chances to prove what is true to me. i don't care what's true. i am the truth..

i am a pretender. i choose what i want others to see. i choose what i want them to hear from me. i want to make a good impression. i am good in covering my flaws. i want to look perfect..

i am a traitor. i do favors if only i get a benefit out of it. i can sacrifice others but never myself. i can wait but only for a short time. when i say yes, i only mean maybe. i have no word of honor..
i am bad, really bad. whether i like it or not, this is my nature! fellow homo sapiens, AREN'T YOU?


WILL I GO TO HELL? of course not! 
because i know what's right and wrong.. because despite the many sinful emotions, words and actions can still be controlled.. because i am aware of my weaknesses and so, i can refresh my soul with a dose of faith.. because i believe in life after death and the glory of being with Him in heaven..

in every moment of our lives, we are to make a choice.. this or that? here or there? stay or leave? yes or no? heaven or hell? to sin or not to sin?

that's life. its a game. sometimes we loose. sometimes we win.if it's a point system, we'll know our score at the end of the finish line. let HIM be the tabulator. let LOVE be the criteria of our scores and let HEAVEN be the reward for the winners..









No comments:

Post a Comment